Thursday, 12 June 2014

Feeling fragile







I find it difficult to see the beauty in things that are broken or fragile. I like to work out how to fix things, how to make it better. I feel like I am on the top of the world when I can find the answer, and on the flip side, sort of crushing when I can't.

Feeling fragile signifies to me all the things I don't want to be, or for others to see in me. Appearing weak in a world that idolises strength and physical fitness. Not being able to hold it together and survive every situation. Being presented with a problem that I can't fix...

It seems odd that I find accepting weakness so hard when the very moment my saviour is most beautiful was when he was broken and hung on a cross.

Maybe I don't understand what being fragile really looks like.

There is a beauty in being broken, God's glory on display for all to see. There is grace sufficient for every weakness, for more of Jesus to shine out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment