Centre of the universe is often used a term of rebuke. A sort of reality check to cut me down to size when I think that the world revolves around only me and my needs.
But have you ever thought that this phrase might provide some insight into how God thinks about you?
Take a step back and let's look around:
For the planets in our solar system to exist, starting conditions must be exactly tuned to a precise one part in 10 + a thousand billion billion zeros and more.
If gravity changed by one part in 10 to power 100, the force would be not stable enough to permit life in this universe.
One electric charge difference in an electron and stars would not burn helium and hydrogen to produce carbon and oxygen that make up the majority of you and me.
The Milky Way contains 100 billion stars, and is 100,00 light years in diameter; and is only one of the many many many solar systems that make up our vast universe.
Peter May puts it like this:
"In other words, in order for God to create mankind, the most complex creature and crowning glory of his creation, he had to make a universe as wonderful as ours. So when we look at the stars, we should not think how insignificant we are but consider how very seriously God takes us, how valuable we are in his sight and what great lengths he went to, in order to make us."
Do you realise the depth of God's affection for you?
I look up at the stars and I am beginning to understand.
I look up at the stars and I am beginning to understand.
More info at http://www.bethinking.org/does-science-disprove-god/has-science-disproved-god.
No comments:
Post a Comment